One of the things important about freelancing is time management. As a freelancer, you need to learn how to manage your time effectively.
Sometimes, I forget to manage my time well, and then I sometimes lag behind when it comes to delivering some freelance jobs on time. This shouldn’t be so.
As a freelancer, don’t forget that you are also a professional, and professionalism involves delivering your works on time.
And so with that being said, it is important that we learn how to effectively manage our time. Here are 9 time management tips for freelancers:
- Automate: one of the things I have come to learn more about in my search for how to better manage my time is automation. There are so many useful Apps and websites out there that can help one easily automate his or her business, or parts of the business. For instance, if you are a social media manager, there are so many apps you can sue to automate part of your tasks, some fo the apps are IFFT, Planoly, Hootsuite, and so on. In addition, if you are a blogger or a freelance writer, you can schedule your blog posts ahead of the time you need to publish them. You can set out a day where you schedule your posts ahead. However, it is important to note that automation shouldn’t replace all of your social media activities or blogging activities. You also need to ensure that you engage with your audience, remember that engagement is important.
- Do away with distractions: if you look closely at those things you do and pay attention to how you work, you might easily recognize those things that pose as distractions. You need to note them and do away with them. For instance, if you realise that social media is a distraction, you can make an effort to intentionally keep your phone away for some time, pending the time you work.
- Schedule your tasks: scheduling is another effective way you can manage your time. When you schedule, you have an idea of some of the things you need to do during some periods. Another way to do this is to simply create a workable timetable for your activities weekly. With this, you might easily remember some of the things you need to do that week. You can put the timetable in a place that it would be easy for you to access or see.
- Stop Multitasking: it is no longer news that multitasking isn’t productive. I know how it feels like to open a tab on your laptop for one thing and then open another tab for something else, and then another one, and then another one, and so on. Sometimes, this might be distracting. Focus is important and it is one of the things hat help you to manage your time well.
- Take Breaks: breaks are important and they can help one get re-energized or refreshed and get more productive. You can also schedule breaks in your work timetable.
- Use time management tools: you can also research about different time management tools that can be useful to you and your work. You can download apps that can help you block off websites or other apps you don’t want to visit for some time, etc.
- Stop procrastinating: procrastination is also another time wasting activity. If you procrastinate less, you will notice that you get to manage your time more effectively. To deal with procrastination, one of the things you can do is to find out why you are procrastinating and do away with that thing or idea.
- Rest: it is also important that we take out time to rest and relax from work. Go on a digital detox. Withdraw from the noise, and so on
- Stay organized: when you are organized, it gets easy to work faster. This is because you have done and placed things where the need to be which can, in turn, facilitate and fast-track how you work.
Do you know more time management tips? Kindly share them with us in the comment section below.
In addition, to get posts like this straight to your inbox whenever an article is published, kindly follow this blog. Thank you!