Co-working space is one of the latest, beautiful and rising trends in the Nigerian Entrepreneurial Community which is daily making being an Entrepreneur an easy thing to be in the aspect of having an office/working space.
A co-working space is every Entrepreneur’s friend and Holy Grail. For professionals who work from home like Freelancers, it is pretty normal to find the environment of a co-working space very comfortable than a random room in your home.
Sometimes, people who have an office set up in their homes sort of enjoys the ambience of being outside in a co-working space where they get to work around other people trying to get their own works done too.
So, what is Co-working itself?
According to Wikipedia, “Co-working is a style of work that involves a shared workplace, often an office, and independent activity. Unlike in a typical office, those co-working are usually not employed by the same organization.”
Then, what can we call a co-working space?
According to Lifewire, a co-working space is often a café-like collaboration space, but it could also be an office-like setting or even someone’s home or loft.
The Workplace defines a co-working space as sharing office space and is a viable alternative to conventional, serviced or home offices for independently working individuals or small business owners.
Having said that, are there co-working spaces in Nigeria? Yes, it is already mentioned to be a fast rising trend in Nigeria.
So, can we recommend a few co-working spaces in Nigeria for the benefits of Entrepreneurs and Freelancers? Sure, we can definitely recommend more than a few.
Here are 10 best co-working spaces in and outside Lagos and they are our best because we found them affordable and conducive at the same time compared to some other co-working spaces.
1. Terrakulture (VI) – this is our top favourite co-working space on the Island of Lagos State. It caters for creativity; let’s just say, it’s absolutely correct to call it the hub of everything art and creative. There is electricity, internet facilities and basically, it’s just the home of Freelancers. You can visit their website for more information.
Address: Plot 1736, Tiamiyu Savage, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos.
2. Venezia Biz Hub – This is a space created for creatives and to inspire creativity. They have very flexible packages with access to a super fast internet, an enabling environment and work connections. You can visit their website Venia Business Hub for more information or book directly at 234velocity
3. The Plectrum Hub – This outfit is dedicated to providing premium yet affordable co-working spaces for Small and Medium Enterprises. They are located at 10, Omotayo Ojo Street by Oshopey plaza Ikeja, Lagos. They can be contacted via their Instagram page @theplectrumhub for more information.
4. A1 Spaces – This is a hub with co-working facilities for entrepreneurs, freelancers, bloggers and more. There is the provision of wifi, electricity and other basic work amenities in their subscription plans/packages. A1 Spaces is located at 203E, City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island, Lagos. You can check their payment plan via A1spaces
5. Workbay – This is coworking space that provides both executive serviced private and shared offices at Lekki Phase 1, Ikeja and Maryland axis of Lagos. You can visit their website Workbay Nigeria for bookings and prices.
6. Workbox Nigeria – This is another co-working facility that also provides fully serviced offices on weekly, monthly and yearly plans. The office is located in the heart of VI, Lagos State. The website to visit is Workbox for bookings.
7. TPX Hub – This is another good environment for Freelancers, Entrepreneurs, Social Media Enthusiasts/Managers, Creatives and more to work and network. The hub is located at 16a, Alfred Olaiya Street, Off Oroloye Crescent, Opebi, Ikeja, Lagos. Visit the office for more information and payment plans.
8. KoWorkNg – This is a PortHarcourt-based co-working space provider for the sole benefit of Entrepreneurs and startups. KoWorkNg is located at 77, Evo Road, Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State. For bookings and payment plans, check koworkng
9. Founders Hub – This is located in the heart of Ilorin, Kwara State. They are located at 12, Onikanga Street, Ilorin, Kwara State. For bookings and payment plans, check foundershub
10. Stonebricks Hub – This is a co-working hub for Entrepreneurs and intending Entrepreneurs. They provide different membership and payment plans and the environment is comfortable with necessary facilities. For bookings and plans, check out their website stonebrickshub They are located at 10, Danube CL., Maitama, Abuja.
I hope you find some of our best co-working space useful in getting your work and jobs done.